Miles from Tomorrowland (In the UK version titled: Miles From Tomorrow) is a Disney Junior series based off the Disney parks area Tomorrowland which premiered on February 6, 2015. Created by Sascha Paladino and directed by Paul Demeyer, the show's curriculum is based around educating children about science, technology, and space travel.
Set in outer space, the series the adventures of the Callisto family – 7-year-old Miles, big sister Loretta and their scientist parents Phoebe and Leo, who work for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority on a mission to connect the universe. Each episode will feature two 11-minute adventure-filled stories as Miles and his family explore strange new worlds, taking young viewers and their families on a journey that fuels kids’ natural interest in the universe, and at the same time reminding them that what matters most is what lies closer to home – the family bond.
Cast and characters
- Miles Callisto (Cullen McCarthy) - A space adventurer who’s always ready for action. He blasts through the universe with his best friend and robo-ostrich, M.E.R.C. Together they journey to new worlds, meet alien creatures and make galactic discoveries!
- Loretta Callisto (Fiona Bishop) - Miles' older sister who researches and records new discoveries and has the answer to almost any question in the universe right on her wrist with her Bracelex.
- Phoebe Callisto (Olivia Munn) - Captain of the Stellosphere and Miles' mother who runs the ship with a warm heart, high standards, and a take-charge personality. A born leader, Phoebe sets a great example and encourages her family on every mission.
- Leo Callisto (Tom Kenny) - Miles' father who is the engineer and pilot aboard the Stellosphere. He's laid back and can utterly cool, even when flying through space junk.
- M.E.R.C. (Dee Bradley Baker) - Miles best friend is a robo-ostrich, programmed to have feelings and fully loaded with an extensible neck and rocket boosters to keep Miles safe.
- Captain Joe (Adrian Grenier) - An intergalactic crime fighter and Miles' uncle.
- Gadfly Garnett (Mark Hamill) - An alien outlaw obsessed with owning the latest technology.
- Spectryx (George Takei)
- Professor Rubicon (Bill Nye) - Miles' science teacher who has a great passion for science.
- Commander S'leet (Wil Wheaton)
- Lysander Floovox (Alton Brown)
- Aunt Frida (Brenda Song)
- Eva (Amber Zadorozhny)
- Admirals Watson and Crick (Danny Jacob and Diedrich Bader)
- Mr. Xylon (Dee Bradley Baker) - The Explorer Troop Leader and Mailman
- Blodger Blop (Sam Lavagnino)
- According to Leo Callisto in "Happy Captain's Day", the show is set five hundred and thirty-six years in the future, hinting the possible time period to be the 26th Century.